Reflection on Being a Christian Steward
In 1996 the US Bishops wrote a Pastoral Letter on what it means to be a Christian Steward. Our prayer practice will be a reflection on the definition of Stewardship found in the Letter.
“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace” (1 Pt 4:10).
As you read the following paragraph reflect on the ways that St. Joseph lived his life as a faithful steward.
“What identifies a steward? Safeguarding material and human resources and using them responsibly are one answer; so is generous giving of time, talent, and treasure. But being a Christian steward means more. As Christian stewards, we receive God’s gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them lovingly in justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord.”
- List the gifts for which you are grateful. People, places and things. Thank God for these Blessings.
- How have you cultivated your gifts responsibly?
- What decisions and actions might you take to share your time, talent and treasure?
- How are you being led by the Spirit to choose the next right or loving action?
- What action will you take?